Short on time but craving something sweet? This high-speed dessert may be the answer to your cravings. Play with this recipe. The bananas and caramel can easily be replaced with other fruits and toppings (like raspberries and chocolate sauce).
- 2 oz (30g each) biscotti, hazelnut or plain (two cookies)
- 8 Tbs caramel topping, fat-free
- 4 cups low-fat chocolate ice cream, any flavor will work
- 4 large bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream, light
- Place biscotti in a zip-lock bag, crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Set aside.
- Remove top of caramel jar and place jar in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until caramel is slightly melted and runny.
- Spoon 1/4 cup (65g) ice cream into each of 8 parfait glasses. Top the ice cream with 1/4 cup (45g) banana slices and 1 Tbsp (15g) whipped cream. Rrepeat the layers, ending with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle each parfait with about 1 Tbsp (7g) biscotti crumbs, and top with about 1 Tbsp (15mL) caramel sauce.
Calories from Fat 91 (24%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 69g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.